Do you know what toxins you’re exposing yourself to in your personal & household care products?

 

Our children are at our mercy with the choices we make with their everyday personal care.

 

Is this threatening our future generations?

 

What healthy choices do we have in keeping toxic-free?

 

Are you willing to make the effort to make you and your family’s environment safe?

 

Are toxins a factor in the ailments you have?

 

We can each become a ripple in the tide

that will change the ingredients used in personal & household care products.

 

Make knowledgeable healthy choices . . .

~become informed.

 

 

Isopropyl Alcohol

Isopropyl alcohol, also known as isopropanol, is a colorless liquid with a pleasant odor. It is highly flammable. Isopropyl alcohol is found in alcohol sponges, cleaning agents, and rubbing alcohol (though some rubbing alcohols contain ethanol), and is a good disinfectant. Most rubbing alcohol contains 70% isopropyl alcohol. Poisoning can occur through skin absorption, oral ingestion, or inhalation. Symptoms from ingestion, inhalation or absorption of large quantities include flushing, headache, dizziness, mental depression, nausea, vomiting, anesthesia, and coma. Alcohol baths or sponges to soothe a fever can lead to acute poisoning through skin absorption or inhalation. Instead, the Regional Poison Center suggests using tepid water as a sponge bath to fight fever.

 

This is a petroleum derivative that is also used in antifreeze and shellac. Side effects are headaches, flushing, dizziness, mental depression, nausea, vomiting, narcosis, anesthesia and coma. It is found in hair color rinses, body rubs, hand lotion and after shave lotions.

 

 

 

Disclaimer